Aniseed Essential Oil
Aniseed essential oil is of medium viscosity. It will solidify at low temperatures and it may need to be warmed before use.
Aniseed originated from the Middle East and is now cultivated in Europe, USA and North Africa.
The oil is extracted from the seeds of the plant by steam distillation.
Anisic, Anethole, Methylchavicol and Limonene.
The therapeutic properties of Aniseed essential oil include the following - antiseptic, antispasmodic, carminative, diuretic, expectorant, stimulant, galactagogue, stomachic, insecticide, laxative and parasiticide.
- It is useful in the treatment of muscular aches and pains.
- It is used in the treatment of rheumatism.
- It can be used in the treatment of bronchitis.
- It is used in curing whooping cough.
- It is also used in treating colic & ramp.
- It can also be used in the treatment of flatulence.
- It can prevent indigestion.
- It is used in the treatment of catarrh.
- It may prevent hangovers.
- Aniseed is a very potent oil. It contains anethole that can cause dermatitis, so avoid in problem skin conditions.
- In large doses it can slow down the circulation and can cause cerebral congestion.
- It must be avoided during pregnancy.
Blends well with:
Cardamom, Caraway, Cedarwood, Coriander, Dill, Fennel, Mandarin, Petitgrain & Rosewood.