Buchu Essential Oil
Buchu oil has a strong blackcurrant smell.
It originated in South Africa.
It is extracted from leaves by steam distillation.
diosphenol, limonene, methone and pulegone.
antiseptic, carminative, diuretic, insecticide and tonic.
- Buchu leaves are used to ward off insects.
- It is used as an antiseptic.
- Buchu leaves can help with urinary tract infections.
- digestive problems
- coughs and colds
- Buchu leaves are also steeped in brandy to produce a medicinal brandy used for a variety of ailments.
- Buchu oil can be used for bruises and sprains.
- Buchu oil should not be used during pregnancy.
Blends well with: