Cinnamon Essential Oil
Cinnamon essntial oil has a spicy, warm and musky smell. The viscosity is watery to medium.
It originated in Indonesia but is cultivated in Sri Lanka and India.
It is mainly extracted from steam distillation.
Beta Caryophyllene, Eugenol, Cinnamaldehyde, Linalol and Methyl chavicol.
antiseptic, antibiotic, astringent, carminative, digestive, emmenagogue, insecticide, stimulant, stomachic and antispasmodic.
- Cinnamon essential oil is used for prevention of infection in the respiratory tract, rheumatism, arthritis and general pains.
- It soothes the exhausted feeling of depression.
- It helps in stimulating the glandular system thereby easing period pains.
- Cinnamon oil is non-toxic, but can cause irritation, therefore should be used with care.
- It should be avoided in pregnancy.
- High dosages can cause convulsions.
- The oil from the bark of cinnmon should not be used in aromatherapy.