Clary Sage Essential Oil
Clary sage oil has a sweet smell and is pale yellow in colour having watery viscosity.
It originated in Southern Europe.
It is extracted from its botanical matter using steam distillation process.
Linalol, Linalyl Acetate, Germacrene, Geranyl Acetate.
Anticonvulsive, antiseptic, antidepressant, aphrodisiac, astringent, bactericidal, carminative, deodorant, digestive, emmenagogue, euphoric, nervine, nerve tonic, sedative and stomachic.
- Clary sage oil is used to calm the nervous system, particularly in the case of stress, depression and insomnia.
- It is a good tonic for the womb and female functions in general.
- It is good for relieving muscle pains, digestive and kidney disorders and for the skin.
- Clary sage should be avoided when consuming alcohol.
- It is non-toxic but large doses can lead to a headache.
- It must be avoided during pregnancy.