Clove Essential Oil
Clove oil has a warm and spicy smell with slightly pale yellow colour. Its viscosity is medium to watery.
This oil is native to Indonesia and Macca.
Water distillation is used for the extraction of clove essential oil.
Caryophyllene, Eugenol, Furfurol, Eugenyl Acetate and Pinene.
analgesic, antiseptic, antispasmodic, anti-neuralgic, anti-infectious, carminative, disinfectant, insecticide, stimulant and tonic.
- Clove oil is be used for acne bruises, burns and cuts.
- It helps in relieving pain with mouth sores, toothache, rheumatism and arthritis.
- It benefits our digestive system and is effective against vomiting, diarrhea, flatulence, spasms and parasites and bad breath.
- It is used for relieving respiratory problems.
- Its disinfecting action is useful in cases of infectious diseases.
- Its fragrance helps in keeping moths at bay.
- Clove oil should be used with proper care.
- It should not be used in massages or in baths, as it may irritate the skin.
- It must not be used during pregnancy.
- Clove oil can cause dermatitis and mucus membranes.