Cypress Essential Oil
Cypress essential oil has a masculine woody and a spicy smell. It is slightly pale yellow in colour and has watery viscosity.
It originated in the east but now is mostly found in Mediterranean region.
It is extracted with the help of steam distillation.
Camphene, cymene, pinene, sabinol and terpinolene.
astringent, antiseptic, antispasmodic, diuretic, respiratory tonic, sedative and vasoconstrictor.
- Cypress oil is used for its calming and soothing effect.
- Cypress oil is beneficial in conditions of excess fluid, such as fluid retention, bleeding, heavy menstruation and perspiration and in hemorrhages.
- As it is a good antispasmodic, it is very useful for asthma, bronchitis, emphysema and influenza.
- This oil is also used for relieving muscular cramps, arthritis and rheumatism.
- It is also beneficial wounds and people having oily skin.
- Cypress oil should be avoided during pregnancy.
- Before using it as a massage blend, a skin patch test must be done.
Blends well with:
Bergamot, Clary sage, Frankincense, Juniper, Lavender, Marjoram, Pine, Rosemary, Sandalwood and all the citrus oils.