Frankincense Essential Oil
Frankincense essential oil has a woody, spicy, haunting smell, a little bit camphoric, but very pleasant. It is pale yellow-green in color.
It originated in the Middle-East, Ethopia.
It is extracted using steam distillation process from the oleo gum resin.
A-pinene, actanol, linalool, octyl acetate, bornyl acetate, incensole and incensyl acetate.
Antiseptic, astringent, carminative, cicatrisant, cytophylactic, digestive, diuretic, emmenagogue, expectorant, sedative, tonic, uterine, vulnerary and expectorant.
- Frankincense essential oil soothes and calms the mind, slowing down and deepening breathing.
- Its use is excellent while meditating.
- It also helps to calm anxiety and obsessive states linked to the past.
- On the respiratory tract, it clears the lungs and helps with shortness of breath, asthma, bronchitis, laryngitis, coughs and colds.
- It can be useful to ease heavy periods, is a general tonic to the uterus and has a calming effect during labor.
- It is also most helpful for rheumatism and has a positive impact on the urinary tract.
- Frankincense oil helps in rejuvenating ageing skin, is a skin tonic and is effective with sores, carbuncles, wounds, scars and skin inflammation.
- Frankincense essential oil is non-toxic and non-irritant and could be used by most people.
Blends well with:
Basil, Bergamot, Cedarwood, Chamomile, Cinnamon, Clary sage, Coriander, Geranium, Ginger.