Grapefruit Essential Oil
Grapefruit essential oil has a sharp refreshing smell. It has a pale yellow or pink colour. It has a watery viscosity.
It originated in Asia.
The oil is extracted from fresh peel by cold expression.
A-pinene, sabinene, myrcene, limonene, geraniol, linalool, citronellal, decyl acetate, neryl acetate and terpinen-4-ol.
Antidepressant, antiseptic, aperitif, diuretic, disinfectant, lymphatic stimulant, tonic and anti-infectious.
- Grapefruit oil is valuable to immune system as it has high vitamin C content.
- It helps in protection against colds and flu.
- It has a very positive effect on obesity.
- It has diuretic properties.
- It helps in removing excess water from the body.
- It is great for treating cellulite.
- It has an uplifting effect on the mood and helps with stress and depression.
- It is used to irradicate muscle fatigue and stiffness while stimulating the lymphatic system hence clearing the body of toxins.
- It helps to clear congested oily skin and also assists with acne, while toning the skin and tissues.
- Grapefruit is used in hair care to promote hair growth.
- It may cause some photosensitization.