Lemon Essential Oil
Lemon essential oil has a sharp, fresh smell. It is pale greenish-yellow in colour and has a watery consistency.
A native to India.
The oil is extracted from the fresh fruit peel using cold expression.
A-pinene, camphene, b-pinene, sabinene, myrcene, a-terpinene, linalool, b-bisabolene, limonene, trans-a-bergamotene, nerol and neral.
Anti-anemic, antimicrobial, anti-rheumatic, anti-sclerotic, antiseptic, bactericidal, carminative, cicatrisant, depurative, diaphoretic, diuretic, febrifuge, haemostatic, hypotensive, insecticidal, rubefacient, tonic and vermifuge.
- Lemon essential oil can be very beneficial to the circulatory system and aids with blood flow, reducing blood pressure and helping with nosebleeds.
- It can help bring down fever, helps relieve throat infections, bronchitis, asthma and flu.
- It boosts the immune system and improves the functions of the digestive system, and it is helpful with constipation, dyspepsia and cellulite.
- Lemon oil soothes and relieves headaches and migraines and is helpful for rheumatism and arthritis.
- It is also used for clearing acne, cleaning greasy skin and hair, as well as removing dead skin cells, easing painful cold sores, mouth ulcers and insect bites.
- Non-toxic, but may cause skin irritation in some.
- Lemon is also phototoxic and should be avoided prior to exposure to sunlight.
Blends well with:
Benzoin, Elemi, Eucalyptus, Fennel, Geranium, Juniper, Lavender, Rose, Sandalwood.