Lemon Verbena Essential Oil
Lemon verbena essential oil has a lemony, sweet smell. Its colour ranges from pale olive to yellow.
It is a native of Chile.
Lemon verbena oil is extracted from the freshly harvested leaves throug the process of steam distillation.
borneol, geraniol, linalool, nerol, citral, dipentene, limonene and myrcene.
Antiseptic, antispasmodic, aphrodisiac, digestive, emollient, febrifuge, hepatic, insecticide, sedative, stomachic and tonic.
- Lemon verbena oil helps with cramps, indigestion and liver congestion and is helpful to restore the liver after a binge and when suffering from a hangover.
- The stimulant action on the digestive system helps to digest fats and the excellent action on the liver helps in cases of cirrhosis, as well as alcoholism.
- It soothes the respiratory tract and calms heart palpitations. The calming action of the oil helps in sexual matters.
- The oil helps to banish depression and relaxes as well as refreshes the body and mind, while uplifting the spirits and promoting stress control.
- It has a high citral level so it may cause sensitization.
- It is phototoxic.