Neroli Essential Oil
Neroli essential oil has a sweet, floral and slightly haunting smell. The colour is pale yellow to coffee brown and has a watery viscosity.
It originated in Italy.
Neroli oil is extracted by the process of steam distillation.
A-pinene, camphene, b-pinene, a-terpinene, nerol, neryl acetate, farnesol, geraniol, linalool, nerolidol, linalyl acetate, methyl anthranilate and indole.
Antidepressant, antiseptic, anti-infectious, antispasmodic, aphrodisiac, bactericidal, carminative, cicatrisant, cytophylactic, cordial, deodorant, digestive, emollient, sedative and tonic.
- Neroli oil is very relaxing and can relieve chronic anxiety, depression, fear, shock and stress.
- Its calming effect can also be beneficial to the digestive tract.
- It can be used for intestinal spasms, colitis and diarrhea.
- It helps insomnia.
- It is one of the essential oils with the most sedative effects and is useful for treating depression, anxiety and shock.
- It is also effective in calming heart palpitations, treating headaches, neuralgia and vertigo.
- It can help when a patient is convalescing and is a good general tonic.
- On the skin, this oil helps in regenerating skin cells and is a rejuvenating oil useful to prevent ugly scar tissues. It promotes a smoother skin, fighting stretch marks and broken capillaries.
- Neroli oil is non-toxic, non-sensitizing, non-irritant and non-phototoxic yet must be used sparingly.