Niaouli Essential Oil
Niaouli essential oil has a fresh sweet smell. The colour is pale yellow to greenish.
It is native to Australia.
Niaouli oil is extracted from the fresh leaves and twigs by steam distillation.
1,8-cineole, y-terpineol, limonene, a-phellandrene, a and b pinene, linalool and piperitone.
Analgesic, anti-rheumatic, antiseptic, bactericidal, balsamic, cicatrisant, decongestant, expectorant, febrifuge, insecticide, stimulant, vermifuge and vulnerary.
- Niaouli oil helps to increases concentration and clears the head, while lifting the spirits.
- It is most useful to fight infections such as colds, fevers, flu, chest infections, bronchitis, tuberculosis, pneumonia, whooping cough, asthma, sinusitis, sore throats, catarrh and laryngitis.
- It is also useful against enteritis, dysentery, intestinal parasites, cystitis and urinary infection.
- It is used to relieve the pain of rheumatism and neuralgia.
- As a disinfectant, niaouli oil is valuable for washing wounds to clear ulcers, acne, blemishes, boils, burns, cuts, insect bites.
- Niaouli oil is considered a safe oil, since it is non-toxic, non-irritant and non-sensitizing.