Orange Essential Oil
Orange essential oil has a fresh sweet and tangy odour. It is yellow to orange in colour. It has a thin viscosity.
It is a native to China.
Orange oil is extracted from the orange peel by the process of cold-pressing.
A-pinene, sabinene, myrcene, limonene, linalool, citronellal, neral and geranial.
Antiseptic, anti-depressant, antispasmodic, anti-inflammatory, carminative, diuretic, cholagogue, sedative and tonic.
- It brings happiness and warmth to the mind and helps people to relax and helps children to sleep at night.
- Orange oil can be used effectively on the immune system, as well as for colds and flu and to eliminate toxins from the body.
- It is a good diuretic and is most useful in balancing water retention and obesity.
- Its lymphatic stimulant action helps to balance water processes, detoxification and aiding the immune system.
- This oil can help with constipation, dyspepsia and as a tonic.
- It is also useful in cases of nervous tension and stress.
- It is a safe non-toxic, non-irritant and non-sensitizing oil but can have a phototoxic effect.
- It should therefore preferably not be applied before going out into sun.