Patchouli Essential Oil
Patchouli essential oil has a rich musky-sweet, strong spicy and herbaceous smell. It is light yellow to dark brown in color and is a thick oil.
It originated in Indonesia.
Patchouli oil is extracted by the process of steam distillation.
B-patchoulene, a-guaiene, caryophyllene, a-patchoulene, seychellene, a-bulnesene, norpatchoulenol, patchouli alcohol and pogostol.
Antidepressant, antiphlogistic, antiseptic, aphrodisiac, astringent, cicatrisant, cytophylactic, deodorant, diuretic, febrifuge, fungicide, insecticide, sedative and tonic.
- Patchouli oil has a balancing effect on the emotions and banishes lethargy, fighting depression and anxiety.
- It is effective for fungal and bacterial infection and is of great help for insect bites. It could also be used as an insect repellant.
- It is effective in fighting water retention and to break up cellulite, easing constipation and helps in reducing weight.
- It helps when feeling hot and bothered, while cooling down inflammations, also assisting with wound healing.
- This oil is one of the best tissue regenerator, which helps in stimulating the growth of new skin cells.
- It promotes faster healing and also, but also helps to prevent ugly scars of the wounds.
- Patchouli oil is used to treat acne, eczema, sores, ulcers, any fungal infections, and scalp disorders as well.
- It is non-toxic, non-irritant and non-sensitizing, but the smell of patchouli oil may be a little persistent for some people and large doses may cause loss of appetite in some individuals.