Pennyroyal Essential Oil
Pennyroyal essential oil is yellow or greenish-yellow in colour having a strong aromatic odour and taste.
It originated in France and Germany.
Pennyroyal oil is extracted by the process of steam distillation.
Pulegone, menthone, iso-menthone and neomenthone.
Carminative, diaphoretic, purifying agent, stimulant and emmenagogic.
- It was used to purify the blood, for digestive and menstrual problems and feverish colds.
- It also has a deserved reputation as an insect repellent.
- It is used as an antidote to spasmodic, nervous and hysterical affections.
- It helps in disorders caused by sudden chill or cold.
- Pennyroyal oil even in small doses produces acute liver and lung damage.
- Pennyroyal oil is a toxin and abortifacient.