Pine Essential Oil
Pine essential oil has a fresh forest odour. It is pale yellow in colour and watery in viscosity.
It originated in Hungary.
Pine oil is extracted from the twigs by the process of steam distillation.
Borneol, bornyl acetate, a and b-phallandrene, a and b-pinene and 3-carene.
Antimicrobial, antineuralgic, antirheumatic, antiseptic, antiviral, bactericidal, balsamic, cholagogue, deodorant, diuretic, expectorant, hypertensive, insecticidal, restorative, rubefacient, adrenal cortex stimulant as well as stimulant to the circulation and nervous system.
- Pine oil is most useful to relieve mental, physical and sexual fatigue.
- It promotes healing.
- It can be used for cuts and sores, scabies and lice and for excessive perspiration.
- Its warming properties help with rheumatism, arthritis, gout, muscular aches and pains and it can stimulate circulation.
- It can help in cases of bronchitis, asthma, catarrh, coughs, laryngitis, colds and flu.
- It eases breathlessness and sinusitis.
- It is effective with cystitis, prostate problems and urinary infections.
- Pine oil is non-toxic and non-irritant in low dosage.
- It should be used with care on the skin,since it can cause irritation in high dosage and may sensitize the skin.
- Avoid during pregnancy.