Rose Essential Oil
Rose essential oil has a deep, rosy, fresh aroma. Its colour ranges from clear to a pale yellow with a greenish tint.
It originated in France.
It is extracted using steam distillation.
Citronellol, phenyl ethanol, geraniol, nerol, farnesol and stearpoten with traces of nonanol, linalool, nonanal, phenyl acetaldehyde, citral, carvone, citronellyl acetate, 2-phenylmenthyl acetate, methyl eugenol, eugenol and rose oxide.
Antidepressant, antiphlogistic, antiseptic, antispasmodic, antiviral, aphrodisiac, astringent, bactericidal, choleretic, cicatrisant, depurative, emmenagogue, haemostatic, hepatic, laxative, nervous system sedative, stomachic and a tonic for the heart, liver, stomach and uterus.
- Rose oil has a soothening effect and helps with depression, anger, grief, fear, nervous tension and stress.
- It is very helpful for poor circulation and heart problems, which includes heart palpitations, arrhythmia and high blood pressure as well.
- It is also used to boost the liver and gall bladder.
- Rose oil assists in cases of asthma, coughs, hay fever, liver congestion and nausea.
- It is also effective for moisturizing and hydrating the skin.
- It is used to repair broken capillaries, inflammation and is useful in eczema and herpes.
- Also rose water can be used for conjunctivitis.
- Rose oil is non-toxic, non-irritant and non-sensitizing.
- Should not be used during pregnancy.
Blends well with:
Angelica, Basil, Bergamot, Carrot seed, Cedarwood, Citronella, Clary Sage, Grapefruit, Jasmine, Lavender, Lime, Neroli, Orange and Rosemary.