Rosemary Essential Oil
Rosemary oil has a clear, powerful refreshing herbal fragrance, is clear in colour and has a watery viscosity.
It originated in Asia.
It is extracted from its flowering tops using steam distillation.
a-pinene, borneol, b-pinene, camphor, bornyl acetate, camphene, 1,8-cineole and limonene.
Analgesic, antidepressant, astringent, carminative, cephalic, cholagogue, cordial, digestive, diuretic, emmenagogue, hepatic, hypertensive, nervine, rubefacient, stimulant, sudorific and tonic.
- Rosemary oil acts on the brain and the nervous system and is wonderful for the mind.
- It also improves memory.
- It helps with headaches, migraines, neuralgia, mental fatigue and nervous exhaustion.
- It is also suitable for intestinal infections and diarrhea, easing colitis, dyspepsia, flatulence, hepatic disorders and jaundice and relieving pain associated with rheumatism, arthritis, muscular pain and gout.
- It helps for arteriosclerosis, palpitations, poor circulation and varicose veins.
- It helps with obesity and cellulite.
- It is effective for asthma, bronchitis, catarrh, sinus and whooping cough.
- Itis effective in easing congestion, puffiness and swelling and can also be used for acne, dermatitis and eczema.
- It is very good in hair care. It increases the circulation to the scalp thereby promoting hair growth.
- Rosemary oil is unsuitable for people with epilepsy or high blood pressure.
- Should not be used during pregnancy.