Sage Essential Oil
Sage essential oil has a spicy, sharp, and very herbaceous aroma. It has a pale yellow colour with thin consistency.
It originated in Croatia.
Sage oil is extracted from the dried leaves by the process of steam distillation.
A-pinene, camphene, b-pinene, myrcene, limonene, 1,8-cineole, a-thujone, b-thujone, camphor, linalool, bornyl acetate and borneol.
Anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antiseptic, antispasmodic, astringent, digestive, diuretic, emmenagogue, febrifuge, hypertensive, laxative, stomachic and tonic.
- sage oil helps in digestion.
- It is used for menstrual problem and also helps in rheumatism.
- It helps to deal with grief and depression.
- It has a tonic effect on the urinary tract as well as the liver and kidneys.
- Sage oil is also used in treating dermatitis, atonics wounds, sores, ulcers and insect bites.
- It can be used to ease stiff muscles and particularly fibrositis and torticollis (stiff neck).
- Sage essential oil is a powerful oil and should be used with care in aromatherapy.
- It is classified as an oral toxin.
- It should not be used during pregnancy.
- It should not be used by people suffering from epilepsy or high blood pressure.