Tagetes Essential Oil
Tagetes essential oil has a sweet fruity smell. It is reddish amber in colour having medium consistency.
It originated in Egypt.
It is extracted using steam distillation process.
Tagetone, limonene, valeric acid and ocimene
Anti-infectious, anti-microbial, antibiotic, anti-spasmodic, anti-parasitic, antiseptic, insecticide and sedative.
- Tagetes oil is used as an insect repellent.
- It is used for chest infections, coughs and catarrh, dilating the bronchi, facilitating the flow of mucus.
- It has a healing effect on wounds, cuts, calluses and bunions.
- Tagetes oil is very powerful oil and should be used sparingly and only by those with experience working with essential oils.
- It should be avoided during pregnancy.
- It should not be used by people having sensitive skin.