Yarrow Essential Oil
Yarrow essential oil has a sweet, spicy smell with watery viscosity.
It originated in Scotland.
It is extracted from the dried herb by steam distillation.
Tricyclene, a-pinene, camphene, b-pinene, sabinene, borneol acetate, 1,8-cineole, y-terpinene, limonene, isoartemisia ketone, borneol, camphor and traces of chamazulene.
Anti-inflammatory, antirheumatic, antiseptic, antispasmodic, astringent, carminative, cicatrisant, diaphoretic, digestive, expectorant, haemostatic, hypotensive, stomachic and tonic.
- It improves circulatory disorders like varicose veins and hemorrhoids.
- It helps with menstruation, menopausal problems, cystitis and infection.
- It can also help with digestive problems such as flatulence, colic, cramp, indigestion and constipation.
- It is used to counter stress-related problems like hypertension and insomnia.
- Yarrow oil helps to heal inflamed wounds, rashes, cuts, eczema, scars, and burns and promotes hair growth.
- Avoid using yarrow oil during pregnancy.
- If used in excess, may cause headaches and may irritate sensitive skin.